Be Loved. Be You. Be Brave!
Welcome! Be Brave Speech Therapy is a privately-owned pediatric speech and language therapy practice. I serve children in their families virtually through teletherapy for all children residing in CA as well as in-person in Escondido, CA ,and surrounding areas. At Be Brave Speech Therapy, my top desire is for your child to speak clearly, be understood, express their ideas better, and most importantly make long lasting friendships with kids their age.
Many caregiver’s struggle with finding the right therapist for their child. At Be Brave Speech Therapy, I help children go from not talking at all or barely saying a few words to talking clearly in complete sentences. I also help Autistic children and children who stutter become more of their authentic selves. I partner with caregivers so YOU can be your child’s best therapist and advocate. This helps both caregivers and children feel accepted, loved, and empowered to “be brave”. I look forward to helping your child's communication improve on a daily basis!
DOES MY CHILD NEED HELP?
1. Do you or other people have difficulty understanding your child?
2. Do other people think your child is younger because of the way they speak?
3. Is your child being teased or showing frustration because of the way they talk?
4. Is your child using fewer words than other children their age?
5. Does your child repeat sounds or words over and over (stuttering)?
6. Does your child's interactions or play seem unusual or inappropriate?
7. Is your child struggling with reading and writing?
8. Does your child have a diagnosis that can affect speech and language
(i.e., hearing loss, autism spectrum disorder, developmental delay)?
"Ruth has worked wonders with my son! He has been working with her for five months and has seen tremendous improvement. He was able to achieve the three initial IEP goals set for him in that time period. She always has new ways to practice his sounds and words and is constantly researching new techniques that will be effective for him. She is patient and kind towards him and genuinely loves what she does. We are forever thankful that we found her!"
"Ruth does a great job and my daughter absolutely loves her. I’ve already noticed a difference in my daughters speech after only 4 weeks of treatment."
"We have been working with Be Brave Speech Therapy for over a year and we love it! We had a three-year-old boy who was mainly nonverbal and wanted to get him some extra help to work on his speech, We have made such amazing progress with Ruth! We are so happy that we found her! Our son loves Miss Ruth, and gets excited every week when we get to go see her."